|XACCESS IS A WEB BASED, MULTI FACTOR AUTHENTICATION, SERVICE
- Cyber Threats are the No. 1 technological challenge facing the global business community today.
- XSTRA is dedicated to protecting our Clients from these threats and as part of this commitment, XSTRA has developed a unique multi-factor solution called XACCESS which has been tailor-made to meet the Authentication needs of Clients using modern cloud based desktop workspaces.
- Prior to accessing any of XSTRA’s cloud based products and services, the User must now utilise XACCESS to facilitate the entry of a One-Time numeric passcode by the User, which if correct, will re-direct the User’s browser to a designated landing page. The User obtains the One-Time numeric passcode from their Smart phone (such as any Android or Apple IOS device) using an Authenticator application.
- Why did we develop XACCESS?
- After exhaustive research and testing of other MFA products such as DUO, LastPass and AuthPoint, we were able to determine that they simply didn’t provide a good solution for complex virtual desktop environments. Our solution, XACCESS, is more sophisticated and uses multiple novel techniques to prevent access to our Client’s networks.
- By design, XACCESS is so easy to setup and use, it almost feels like it’s doing nothing at all.
- XACCESS is an enterprise grade solution with in-depth reporting and is executed at the operating system, and network levels, both inaccessible to other solutions
- You, as an authorised User, can follow the steps below, to register yourself into the XACCESS system. Please contact XCARE if you have any questions or need assistance.
- A User can only register once. If the User wants to re-register they must contact XCARE so XSTRA can delete the first registration at the backend. This is a security policy designed for our Client’s protection.
- XSTRA will pre-emptively associate a Users domain with the appropriate Clent “X” number.
- For Users that have an email address with a domain name that is used by more than one Client, the “X” number will become the only unique identifier that directs the User to the correct landing page after successful authentication.
- If XACCESS is enabled for a Client, all Users of the Client, accessing XSTRA’s cloud services, will be subject to the restrictions imposed by XACCESS. However, at locations such as a Client’s offices, a User does not need to be enrolled into XACCESS to access XSTRA’s cloud services, providing, at least one User at that site has successfully authenticated themselves using XACCESS and that User’s valid access token has not timed-out.”
Oct 25, 2022