Clients often pose the question to me, “Lyndon, is it advisable for us to transition our files to SharePoint?”

As a SharePoint consultant, the instinctive response might be a resounding, “Absolutely, you should!”

However, with three decades of experience in the IT sector under my belt, my perspective is drawn from a rich tapestry of industry evolution. I was at the forefront of file sharing technology, crafting some of the initial solutions as early as 2001. Notably, I developed a pioneering web-based file sharing platform for Raine & Horne’s Real Estate office in Queensland, working closely with Manoli and Paul from R&H. Dubbing it “DropBox,” I now reflect on the potential missed opportunity to further nurture this solution and secure the naming rights. Such is life!

In today’s digital age, the plethora of file sharing solutions is vast, offering a range of options that might already be on your radar.

Today we have plenty of file sharing solution to choose from. Here are some you may already be familiar with.

Despite the myriad choices available, SharePoint wouldn’t be my top recommendation. Yet, for clients who possess an Office 365 license, SharePoint becomes an attractive option due to its inclusion at no extra cost, along with a provision of some storage space. This convenience often sways clients towards choosing SharePoint for their cloud file storage needs.

Nonetheless, I’m compelled to share information you may find useful when considering SharePoint – Click Here

Revision: 5
Last modified: Mar 11, 2024

Feedback

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.

Post your comment on this topic.

Please do not use this for support questions.
https://x.direct/1/en/topic/welcome

Post Comment