3.13. Equipment Procurement Service Policy
XSTRA offers Clients a procurement service for the acquisition of products and services, hereafter referred to as, the “Equipment”.
The service may be referred to by the acronym: EPSP on:
- In XSTRA’s Global General Terms and Conditions of Trade Agreement
This is a co-operative activity where XSTRA acts as the technical adviser and trusted negotiator to the Client, ensuring a value-driven outcome is achieved for their next procurement project.
Our Equipment Procurement Services Policy provides these Additional Benefits :
- Full Transparency on Costs – All Equipment subject to this policy will show XSTRA’s actual costs on any quotations requested by the Customer. On any invoice, the cost price will be listed in the description for the appropriate line item. This will allow the Customer to understand the true costs. Any freight charges may be included as a separate line item or in the Equipment description. This approach assists the Customer in any price comparisons. As this service is a co-operative one with the Customer, should the Customer find better deals elsewhere, then ensure to mention your findings to XSTRA so we can update the quotation and establish better procurement contacts for future purchasing activities.
- Technical Consulting – Your Account Manager will work with the Customer and our technical teams to undertake the discovery necessary to insure the Equipment on the quotation will meet the Customers needs.
- On-Going Support Coordination Services – XSTRA will assist with co-coordinating support, on a “best-effort” basis, between the Customer and the vendors involved in supplying XSTRA and/or the Customer with the Equipment.
- Research – All buying decisions involve research, and this is carried out in conjunction with the Customer and we will ensure to provide the Customer with as much information as possible to allow the Customer to make an informed buying decision.
- Negotiation on Costs – All supplier negotiations are handled by XSTRA ensuring our experience and industry contacts will deliver the best cost outcomes for your project.
- Purchasing Management – XSTRA will :
- Handle all of the purchasing activities including providing purchase orders to suppliers
- Track delivery to your chosen delivery location and confirm receipt with you
- Pay all suppliers
- Handle recurring subscriptions and payments where applicable
- Seek alternatives if the Equipment is no longer available or out of stock and advise the Customer on alternatives
- One bill – Include the purchase on the Customer’s your regular monthly invoice from XSTRA, allowing the Customer to have the items shipped as soon as possible without waiting for the Customer’s accounts department to effect payment and organize delivery
- Handle all licensing and asset tracking
- Warranty Claim Management – XSTRA will co-ordinate all Warranty Claims on the Customers behalf
In Summary, this service:
- Saves the Customer valuable time
- Reduces delays
- Cuts the Customer’s total operational costs
- Ensures purchasing decisions are informed with less chance of costly mistakes
- Maximizes the Customer’s chance of getting the best price from suppliers
- Provides the True cost of the Equipment for the Customer’s records. Any freight charges will be added to your invoice and listed against applicable line items and amortized based on the quantity and cost of each applicable line item.
Should the Customer decide to use XSTRA’s procurement services, the Customer agrees to purchase all items, services, and equipment from and/or through XSTRA, or where this is not possible for process or legal reasons, from the supplier directly. In all instances, XSTRA will charge the Customer a small 15% margin fee on the total cost of the Equipment supplied to the Customer, excluding freight charges.
Please Note: This service is only available on Equipment sourced from third party suppliers and is not applicable for any of XSTRA’s standard in-house products and services.